Ph.D. from Kyushu University (Japan) with Prof. Yoshihiko Maehara (2006-2010)
- Liver Transplantation (Clinical Medicine)
- HCV re-infection in transplanted liver (Thesis)
Postdoctoral Researcher (2010-2012), Assistant Professor (2012-2017) and Associate Professor (2017-present) at Osaka University with Prof. Yoshiharu Matsuura
- Hepatic tropism of HCV infection
- Involvement of lipid metabolism in HCV life cycle
- Infectious particles formation of Flaviviridae viruses
My research interest is tropism and evolution of Flaviviridae viruses. We showed important roles of miR-122 and apolipoproteins in viral propagation and hepatic tropism of HCV infection. And we examined the involvement of apolipoproteins and lipoproteins receptors in HCV assembly and entry. We are now focusing on the common functions of secretory glycoproteins in Flaviviridae virus particles formation.